[TR] TR6 Brake pedal height

Tom Note tom628 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 21 17:37:35 MDT 2008

The brake pedal of our '76 TR6 sits about 2 3/4" below the level of the
clutch pedal, and almost  1" below the accelerator pedal. It  makes for some
awkward pedal action, and I'd like to get it higher. Is the rod into the
vacuum booster adjustable, and able to move the pedal up higher at rest? I
can't really tell from the Haynes manual. Rotors, pads, rear drums, linings
and master cyl. are all new and drums are adjusted as snuggly as prudent,
and system bled.  This configuration has existed since we've had the car,
and before I did all this brake work.
Any insights or suggestions appreciated.

Tom