[TR] Source for NLA part

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 17:17:40 MDT 2008

To the list,

I will be swapping alternators this winter with a rebuilt Lucas unit.

I called TRF today to order a new alternator bracket for my 1972 Triumph
TR6.  I was advised that this part is NLA.  Mine is not in great shape,
needs painted and is a little bent but I could use it.

Someone is selling a thicker bracket on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=330278747653

He is advising you will need a slightly longer bolt due to the thickness
of this bracket.

The bracket on the Moss site looks different, it is not an "L" shaped
bracket.

What say you oh Lords of the list, I am open to suggestions, and no, I
am not converting to a modern alternator.

Thanks,

Craig H. Nicholls
1972 Triumph TR6