[TR] Gas Mileage

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 14:10:24 MDT 2008

Brian,

I would agree that if your fuel gauge is dead accurate, the mpg from  your
"quick calc" would be cause for concern.  BUT - the  only way to be absolutely
sure of your mileage is to refill the tank and do  the math the old fashioned
way......miles divided by gallons!

Even rebuilt gauges are not always accurate to an eighth of a  tank.....did
you replace the fuel gauge sender during your restoration?   The gauges are not
always the culprit...they depend on electrical input  from their respective
sender i.e., fuel, temp, etc.

If you are truly getting 8 or 9 mpg then you should start looking for
hopefully obvious external fuel leaks....also be sure that the fuel pump  isn't
leaking fuel past its diaphragm into the crankcase....

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 10/14/2008 2:08:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,