[TR] Door seals

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 00:03:24 MDT 2008

> At the forward end there's  another hole of the same
> size but set further inboard and part way up the  vertical
> section of the inner panel, just below the mounting points
> for the  lower door hinge, so if it is for the seal, the seal
> would be bending  upward around the curve of the inner panel
> and away from the outer door  skin.

That's the way the pre-60K seal goes, so I'd guess that's correct for later
cars as well.

> Where the rear portion
> should stop is even less obvious. The holes  stop about 3-4
> inches from the rear bottom corner of the outer door skin.
> Isn't  that a rather large gap?

Sorry, can't help there.  My pre-60K door has holes to within 1/2" of the
rear edge.  However, these seals are only to stop water getting in the car,
so perhaps no seal is needed at the rear of the door.  When driving in the
rain, there is some spray thrown upwards along the front of the door, by the
front wheels and the air escaping from the engine compartment.  But it
doesn't seem to extend to the B-post area, so perhaps the factory just cut
the seal short with the curved doors.

Randall

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCF0035_reduced.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of DSCF0034_reduced.JPG]