[TR] TR4 panel lamp rheostat

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 21:04:04 MDT 2008

Karl,
My own 'factory optional' wooden TR4 dash over the years has warped a bit and
not a perfect flush fit everywhere against the original white steel dash.
I don't think you'll be able to rectify easily. I guess you could oversize
the steel dash hole and undercut the wood from behind to move the switch closer
to wood surface.
But what you might consider is putting a simple Lucas pull-switch there to
operate a reverse light - the rheostat is pretty useless - the dash lights are
not even bright enough in it's highest position! You can hide the rheostat
(still wired in) up behind the dash board and put something usefull in its plac
like a back-up light switch - but you would need to find a deep enough
pull/flip switch too - but might be easier and more useful.
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74