[TR] dielectric grease

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 07:02:35 MDT 2008

In a message dated 10/7/2008 5:54:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  sumton at sbcglobal.net writes:

So, if  he was correct, what's unique about dielectric specific  grease?

My first thoughts go to temperature stability of silicon grease.
If your axle grease gets hot, it gets thin. Oil separates out of grease  over time leaving you with oxidized grease etc.
Sometimes you just use what you have though I suppose.
(I remember as a small child on a tiny island in the  South Pacific,  my Dad used olive oil for brake fluid in our family car- a Navy jeep.Its all he  had.)

Mike Moore

**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!      (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)