[TR] Piece of Crap H2O Heater Valve

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 6 22:05:30 MDT 2008

> talked about
> replacing the crappy valve with a industrial type ball valve
> and running a lever into the cabin to open and close it.

An alternative might be to find a manual heater control valve from a 60s or
70s Chrysler product.  Although some of them were specials, most were simple
ball valves already equipped with 1/2" hose barbs and fittings for cable
operation.

A clever person could even locate the new valve under the dash, out of sight
of concours judges.

Or do what I did : Keep a heavy leather jacket, leather motorcycle gloves,
and a wool lap robe in the car.  (My heater has been sitting on the
workbench for almost 20 years.)

Randall