[TR] 59 TR3A Steering Column

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 19:36:31 MST 2008

I am installing the steering column/wheel and have two questions for the
list.  This is a split column steering and the lower end is already
installed.

1.	At the end of the column of the inner shaft, below the splines for
the steering wheel, there is supposed to be a felt bushing. I have the part,
which looks like a trapezoid. Does this wrap around the fat section of the
shaft or just below it? Does it fit inside the outer column? Is it glued in
place?
2.	Doe you insert the stator tube in the steering column and then the
wire harness or do you install the wire harness in the stator tube, then
insert the stator tube in the column?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA