[TR] TR6 suspension rebuild, where to stop the powder coating?

Steve Smith dogzbody1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 11:45:49 MST 2008

Hi all

I've purchased all the bits and pieces I need to rebuild the front and rear suspension of my TR6 and have a question on powder coating.

I have secured a set of poly bushings for the front and back of my TR6 as seems to be popular even though I understand there is the possibility of the occassional squek from down under.

I was going to powder coat the front suspension pieces but am wondering if I need to tape over where the bushings go through.  Should these be poly on metal or poly on powder coat on metal?  Bare metal doesn't feel like the right answer but if it is I'd rather know before the powder goes on!  Thanks for any light that you can shed on this mystery.

While here, what is the best treatment for the rear trailing arsms?  I was going to sandblast to de-stress and either clearcoat or paint.  Can anyone recco a brand/type of paint that has worked for them?

Thanks again!
Steve