[TR] Refurbishing wire wheels

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 25 12:26:43 MST 2008

A friend of mine had his wires on his MGB powder coated with gray and clear,
but had some chipping around the knock off and difficulty keeping the knock
offs tight. I opted to bead blast and paint / clear coat mine on my 4A - I
too had the chipping issue, but a much tighter fit on the knock offs. In
all, I think the key is to have the tires off and blast everything, then
coat as desired. Then pick a shop that has experience putting tires on
wires! I tend to stay away from powder coating where tolerances are
concerned due to increase in thickness. Just my opinion.

Brian
67 TR4A