[TR] small donut wheel

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 24 00:03:49 MST 2008

>  Of course, this would tilt the car (don't
> know if that's permissable?) but, it might be ok for
> emergency use.  Then again, besides smaller, I can't think of
> any virtues for carrying this size tire and wheel.  Can anyone help?

Well, for me, the main virtue was that it would fit into the early tire
well; while none of the other 15" tires I could source would do so easily.
But the later tire wells were larger, so you might not have as much trouble
as I did.

I have driven some 100 miles on it, at freeway speeds, with no issues.  The
car does tilt somewhat and feel "funny", but it drove OK.  However, I think
I got a T125/90-15 instead of a T125/70, plus my other tires are somewhat
shorter than stock anyway, so YMMV.

Randall