[TR] small donut wheel

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 23 20:51:39 MST 2008

List,

Seems like I remember someone saying a while back that a some late model donut
(emergency American wheel) would make a good spare for a TR3.  Well, I located
one that has the same lug pattern and not intefere with the b. calipers.  But,
it doesn't stand as tall!
    The tire on it says 125/70 D15.  It lacks about 4" being the same height
as my TR3's tire, so that's about 2" shorter to the ground.  Of course, this
would tilt the car (don't know if that's permissable?) but, it might be ok for
emergency use.  Then again, besides smaller, I can't think of any virtues for
carrying this size tire and wheel.  Can anyone help?

Thanks, Paul  60 TR3