[TR] 1)Engine Block Interior, Liner Paint &2)Venting

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 07:50:53 MST 2008

In a message dated 11/21/2008 11:54:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kvacek at ameritech.net writes:

I  thought that racers had discovered [Glyptal's] usefulness for race
engines maybe
30 years ago, for smoothing out the inside of blocks to  allow oil to flow
back to the pan (and thus the pump)  faster...
==AM==
Could be. I used to autocross an ex-GP Spitfire 4 that we "rescued" from a
barn in 1983. It had been a regional-level SCCA race car until the mid-1970s.
We  actually didn't have to go inside the engine until 1995, when it got new
rings  and bearings, at which time I discovered that the inside of the engine
block had  been painted with Glyptal. Must've been pretty good stuff way back
when, 'cause  it still looked perfect!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)