[TR] cars for kids

ElangTR4 at aol.com ElangTR4 at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 07:30:57 MST 2008

I need to add to this thread too. Great story Steve Ball, and Jerry, a 37
Chevy??? I didn't think you were that old! Thanks guys.

My first car was a 75 Volkswagen Rabbit. Probably one of the first sold  here
I think. Fun to drive and good fuel mileage, but electrical gremlins that
make Lucas look good. That and whenever the car was left out in a rainstorm
there might be an inch or more of standing water on the floor. Finally chased
that down to a defective replacement windshield gasket.

My son has a 97 Toyota Corolla with 135,000 miles on it when it  arrived over
2 years ago. All we've ever done is add gas and change  the oil. Always
starts and runs great no matter how long it sits and it  gets over 30 MPG. A great
transportation appliance, but nothing more.

Eric L.
71 TR6