[TR] 1)Engine Block Interior, Liner Paint &2)Venting

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Nov 21 21:37:08 MST 2008

Hi Daniel,
I don't think you should paint the piston liners with Glytal. That would
reduce the transfer of heat from the cylinders to the water. The story on
Gyptal as I was told is that it was originally developed by GE to be used
seal the insides of castings that would hold oil. The idea is that it will
tend to keep the crankcase cleaner, longer because the oil will tend to run
down the sides of the slick surface and not congeal into the crud we have
all cleaned off the inside of engines one time or another.
It must have been around for quite awhile as I remember my dad using it when
rebuilding antique cars when I was young.

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a