[TR] [6pack] different data point

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 21 08:31:13 MST 2008

> As I
> recall, this is a combination of of an indicator to set float
> height along with two rods that go into the carbs with small
> wires atop them each of which?has a 90 degree bend.? The
> principle appears to be to adjust idle speed until the two
> wires (which each point to the other carb due to the bend)
> are equal and move simultaneously.?

That sounds exactly like the "SU Tool Kit"; which is what I prefer to use
for synchronizing SU carbs when they are mounted in the same plane.  But the
SU version doesn't fit ZS carbs (and my ZS carbs are not mounted in the same
plane).

Accuracy does depend somewhat on operator skill; but I feel it's more
accurate than the Unisyn type devices.

Randall