[TR] [6pack] different data point

davgil at aol.com davgil at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 06:57:36 MST 2008

Reading the posts about ways to balance carbs made me think of a tuning device that was in the toolbox of my 1976 TR6 when I purchased it, but that I have never tried.? As I recall, this is a combination of of an indicator to set float height along with two rods that go into the carbs with small wires atop them each of which?has a 90 degree bend.? The principle appears to be to adjust idle speed until the two wires (which each point to the other carb due to the bend) are equal and move simultaneously.? Has anyone else seen this device and does it work??
David Gill