[TR] Teenager car

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Wed Nov 19 09:08:53 MST 2008

We used to love Subarus before they moved up into the $30K price
range...........whatever happened to their slogan, "Inexpensive and built to
stay that way". Anyway.....we've had 4 AWD wagons over the years but none in
the past 10 years.

The teenager story.........my son was 16 (now he's 38!) and driving one of
the Subaru wagons, and for some un-Godly reason he decides to let his
unlicensed buddy drive the car around the block........I'm sure there was a
girl involved somehow. So his buddy comes to a stop sign, confuses the brake
and the go pedal and shoots through the intersection tee-boning a parked
60's vintage Camaro that was a restoration project! Luckily in all of years
of driving that was the only accident where he was at fault, and technically
he wasn't considered at fault by the insurance company. He was considered
stupid.........very stupid.......but not at fault.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed & Nissan LSD