[TR] TR4 starter

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 19:45:22 MST 2008

In a message dated 11/18/2008 6:20:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

> I  have seen a new Lucas starter on New Zealands Trademwe
> site, model  no
> LRS101C.
> Is this the correct starter for a  TR4?

Seems unlikely to  me.
http://www.mijnwebwinkel.be/winkel/autoelectric/?menu=article&categoryID=130
620&articleID=1165158
shows  it fits Spitfire and TR6; and I'm pretty sure a TR4 starter won't fit
a  TR6.

But I don't know what the difference is, so I could be  wrong.

==AM==
Size is the difference. Spitfire, GT6, Herald and TR250/early TR6 use  the
model M35G starter, with 3.5" diameter yoke. The TR3/4 starter was a model
M418G (4.125" diameter yoke).

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)