[TR] TR "Standard" motor rebuild.

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Mon Nov 17 14:28:45 MST 2008

At 03:50 PM 11/17/2008, you wrote:

>  If anyone is building a TR series motor I ask... why leave it stock?

I'm told my TR6 had the head shaved for 9:1 compression and was bored
0.030" over.  I don't know if it has a hotter cam or not, but it's
got stock carburation.  I've not yet got all the kinks out (it sat
for several years undriven) but it's nice and strong.

My Spitfire 1500 will get balanced, and dual SUs and the Euro cast
exhaust manifold.  A bit of porting, a dab of polishing, maybe a
little less rotating mass...  All I use it for is Stoplight Grand
Prix, and here in Jawja I don't stand a chance against trucks that
could run over me and not feel a thing, so there's not much point in
sinking a lot of bux into a car to make it less driveable...but it
won't be as it left the factory, if that's what you mean.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354