[TR] oil pressure 101

William McLeod wbmcleod at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 17:01:17 MST 2008

Oil pressure (actually volume) is generated by the pump, picking up
oil from the sump (oil pan).  The pressure is measured when the oil
goes through the filter or on the other side as it starts to enter the
narrow oil passages into the engine (mains and rods and head).  Air in
the oil is a bad thing!  The oil lubricates stuff and then drips down
into the sump to start over.  end of Lesson one.  Regards, Bill
Slightly Classics,
Tucson, AZ.