[TR] I give up

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 15:59:57 MST 2008

My ammeter has an oval loop of (maybe) 10 gauge solid wire connected to two
posts that then go to spade connectors in the back.  Above that is a little
"butterfly" of very thin steel that rotates on a pin to which is attached  the
indicator needle.  Quite obviously by some process that is beyond my
knowledge, as current flows through the heavy wire a magnetic field is set up  that
varies based upon the load being greater or less than the supply.   Therefore
the little butterfly wings are attracted (or repelled?) by one  end of the oval
loop or the other making the needle indicate + or - on the  gauge.  How am I
doing?

I think that there was probably a film of crap on the oval loop and the
butterfly that interrupted the working of the gauge.  The last time I  "fixed" it
it worked for a day. As I said before, stay tuned.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
Holiday needs. Search Now.