[TR] tired of tire stores

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Nov 4 20:02:25 MST 2008

On 4 Nov 2008 at 19:48, Joe Curry wrote:

> Most of those Dweebs have only worked on either solid axle rear drive cars
> or front wheel drive cars and therefore haven't the foggiest idea about the
> nature of independent rear suspension.

Which is exactly the point, of course.  They ain't never hear of 'em,
let alone know how they work!

In defense of one tire shop, I will say that at the place I got the
new tires for the Spitfire they were conscientious enough to worry
about the torque setting for such small wheel studs and do some
research to find an answer.  I also found an answer on
triumphspitfire.com, about 45ft-lbs, I think.  I think I'll end up
back there for the GT6.  O' course, by the time I can squeeze it into
the calendar we'll probably have 6in of snow on the ground.

Yes, I did vote today, as loudly and as often as I could.  Voted
right here in Massachusetts.  Wondered if I could vote in Rhode
Island too, since I work there now.  Nope.  I couldn't swing that.
Oh well.  But when I die I want to be buried in Chicago so I can
remain politically active. :-)

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com