[TR] floorpan outer seams

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 22:12:05 MST 2008

Paul,

I have a 23 year old Isuzu Trooper II that I use as a daily driver which
still has the original paint and so far, no major rust. The Willamette
valley in Oregon is fairly salt free, but a very moist environment. The
body on it was sealed with some sort of elastomeric seam sealer which
has held up very well over the years. It's still tough and flexible. I
recently sealed my TR3 tub with urethane seam sealer. In combination
with a good paint job, I expect it to hold up for many years.

If you have a mechanically sound joint without huge gaps, I would go
with a urethane sealer like one of the 3M products.

Mike