[TR] 5-speed Vs Triumph

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Tue May 27 19:03:11 MDT 2008

I have a '63 non-OD TR4. I am happy enough with the improvements/repairs
that I have made in the car over almost two years that I have begun to
think about
transmission options. Modern 5-speed Vs 50-year old Triumoph OD
technology.
Given the developments described below, authenticity and tradition are
leading
me to a $2k rebuilt TR OD resolution.

One thought for Tony: did you tow the car behind an RV to get to the
RV park in
the first place? I have read that the driveline should be disconnected
to save
wear in the transmission, because oil is not distributed in the same
efficient way
it is when the engine drives the gearbox, rather than the wheels.

Brian Jones