[TR] TR3 Steering Rack Conversion?

David Ljung Madison team.net at Daveola.com
Sun May 25 18:14:20 MDT 2008

> But the main thing that stopped me from even considering a R&P conversion
> was the loss of the non-rotating control head and turn signals.  To me, it's

I'll agree with that.  As silly as the non-rotating control head is
from an engineering perspective, that's definitely part of the car
I would like to keep.

But I'm under the impression that this kit doesn't change that.
>From the auction:

 "This kit unlike others conversion kits on the market, this kit lets
  you keep your original steering wheel and controls."

William Brewer sent me an email saying he installed the kit and
was able to keep his turn signals working.  Evidently the harness
comes out of the shaft in the middle, so you can wrap the wires
a few times around the shaft to deal with rotation.  Kludgy, but then
again, so is way the control head wiring works on the original cars.

Dave