[TR] Changing TR3 Rear Leaf Springs

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 07:25:41 MDT 2008

> Unless you want to drill a hole in the body just aft of the doors, is it
possible to change them out without lifting the body off of the frame?

I attached a fender washer to the head of the pin with a 5/16 fine bolt using
the threaded hole to which Randall refers. This allowed me to put the tines of
a pickle fork under the washer. Then I beat the other end of the pickle fork
with a BFH in such a manner as to lever the fork using the frame as a fulcrum
and pull the pin towards the center of the car. As the pin moves out, you can
put the pickle fork tines under the head of the pin.

I used Aerokroil, a torch, and swear words all the while. One of my pins was
bent, so it was harder to remove. I cut the bent end of the pin off with a
sawzall to allow the pin to slide through the hole. Hopefully, you won't have
to do this.

Good luck!

John H.