[TR] TR6 connecting rod dimensions

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Fri May 23 13:46:06 MDT 2008

After seeing how a Chevy rod could be used in a TR4, I've been doing a
little looking around, and have seen some rods by Eagle that "might" be
close ... I don't have the actual factory dimension for the rods, so
wondered whether any had actually done some really good measurements?

I have the following nomial sizes and wonder ig anyone could verfity the EB
ones (Mk. 1 eyeball with digital caplier assistance!) .. the BM ones are
from the Bentley manual.

Rod between centers: 5.8" (EB)
Small end bore: 0.937-0.938" (BM)
Wrist pin dia: 0.8122-0.8126" (BM)
Con. Rod bore: 2.015" (EB)
Crank Pin dia: 1.8750-1.8755" (BM)
Rod thickness: 0.9" (EB)

In case anyone has gone down this path ... the Eagle Ford Zetec log rod
looks promising 5.7", 2.00" and 0.927" and at $320 for 4, a real deal!

Tony Gordon