[TR] clutch/brake fluid transfer w/in reservoir

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue May 20 21:04:32 MDT 2008

Unfortunately, I have only been partially successful in trying to get my TR3's
brake/clutch reservoir leakproof.  The good news is that the outside of the
reservoir does not leak fluid.  However, inside the can is a small leak which
allows brake fluid to change from one chamber to the other chamber after
several days.  Of course, the clutch 'chamber' is a tall cylindrical metal
tube that sits inside the brake reservoir.
    I think that if one keeps the reservoirs full (neither the clutch system
nor brake system leaks fluid), then no transfer takes place between the
'chambers'.  What is the harm in doing this?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey  60 TR3

--
It has removed 543 spam emails to date.