[TR] Regarding the no. stamped on the brass tag on the ZS carbs

McGaheyRx at aol.com McGaheyRx at aol.com
Fri May 16 08:18:48 MDT 2008

In a message dated 5/16/2008 1:24:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
triumphstag at gmail.com writes:

I have  two tags with me. One has the no. 2477 3509R. The other has 3146
3509L.  Firstly, how many tags should a pair of carbs. have?
Also, can someone  please tell me about the numbers?  If there is supposed to
be only one  tag, one came off my Stag the other might have come from a TR7,
but I'm not  sure which one.

each separate carb will have a tag on it - and it will have originally been
on the top cover screw nearest the upper end of the temp. compensator

anybody working on Strombergs should have a copy of Haynes Weber Carburetor
Manual - which covers Strombergs and SUs as well as it covers Webers.
According to the appendix of that manual, 3509R was the right carb for a 73
or 74 Stag and 3509L was on the left carb of a 73 or 74 Stag
The first 4 numbers are there just to throw you off - just kidding - the
last 4 numbers and letter are the carburetor reference numbers - i don't know
what the first 4 are - maybe a sequence or serial number of some  kind.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

favorites at AOL Food.