[TR] Surrey Top

Jim Coleman jimbyjove at comcast.net
Wed May 14 23:30:14 MDT 2008

A friend of mine, getting ready for Ypsilanti but not currently a member of
this forum, is putting together his restored TR250, and he has asked me to
relate his problem to you.  He is installing a newly refurbished backlight
section and aluminum center section that he purchased several years ago.

The problem is that there is a gap large enough to get part of your hand
through where the top fits against the center portion of the backlight frame.
Just to make sure whether or not there is a difference in surrey tops, we
tried mine which happens to be made of steel and obviously heavier.  The fit
is much better but the fit at the back is still not acceptable in our opinion.
We did not bolt either top down.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so, what would you suggest we do to
improve the fit short of attempting to bend the center of the top down
somehow?

Jim

TR4,6,8