[TR] Roadster Shipping and wind

Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com
Wed May 14 12:16:30 MDT 2008

Ahh, another item for the million and one things to use Duct Tape for....

Apply cling film to outside of doors to protect paint, run duct tape in
two or three loops around the car (up a door, across to the other side,
down the other door, and back across under the car. Likewise use duct tape
to wrap around the boot handle and attach to fender. Could do the bonnet
too, just in case...

Brian in Valley Forge
1963 Triumph TR4 CT/14455-L

From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler at 141.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] roadster shipping

Interesting.

My biggest worry about using an open carrier is the fact that the doors
on the roadster are suicide doors.  I'm afraid of a big bump or
something knocking the doors open and the wind then trying to tear them
off.

I know what winds can do.  I was hauling a Herald for Andy Mace and had
the boot lid try to tear itself off because of a horrific cross wind on
I-90 west of Cleveland (sorry Andy!).  Ever since then I've been leary
of what damage the winds can do to our cars.

Brad