[TR] [6pack] Replacing oil pan gasket

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 13 09:34:18 MDT 2008

> To the advocates of using sealant on both sides of the
> gasket, I need to ask - with sealant on both sides, how do
> you remove the pan without cocking up the gasket? Not that
> you'd ever need to remove the pan.

Personally, I consider pan gaskets to be single-use items.  Never took one
off I'd want to reuse, even if it wasn't torn apart by sealant.  But with
Hylomar, frequently the gasket does not tear as you remove it ... I even
used Hylomar on rocker cover gaskets that I did reuse (before switching to
Justin's silicone gasket).

Randall