[TR] 3A brake lights

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 13 08:32:26 MDT 2008

> In  addition to
> this upgrade, what replacement bulbs are recommended for
> brighter signalling to the rear?

If you want to stay with conventional bulbs, a 2357 is about 25% brighter
(on the brake filament) but draws only slightly more current than the stock
tail/stop bulb.  I've heard bad things about halogen tail/stop bulbs, like
melted lenses and can't see the difference between tail and stop.

However, likely there are some LED replacements now that work well in the
TR3 holder.  Earlier ones didn't though, because of the funny angle of the
bulb.

One of my "back burner" projects is to try gutting a standard bulb holder
and filling the inside of the lens with super high output LEDs (the kind
that warn against eye damage if you look at them directly) ... but I should
probably get the car running first <G>

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO (now totaled :(
56 TR3  TS13571L next project
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
71 Stag LE2013LBW daily driver wanna be
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly 2000 miles away