[TR] Replacing oil pan gasket

Alex ambritts at bellsouth.net
Tue May 13 04:21:17 MDT 2008

As an additional thought to Bob's answer, after flattening/straightening all
the bolt/screw holes in the pan, apply the Ultra-black to the pan and place
the gasket on. Center accordingly and let sit over night until the silicone
seals. This approach sets the gasket firm to the pan so you can easily move
it and place it when ready. Then apply a bead to the block and attach making
sure to torque to proper settings. This approach has been spelled out on the
Buckeye site (I believe) for valve cover gaskets and works exceptionally
well. I've used it for both gaskets on both my cars. It is much cleaner and
will minimize the mess.
Alex Manzo
72 TR6
59 TR3A