[TR] Can anyone please help me identify these LUCAS part no?

Ann and Tim Buja thebujas at comcast.net
Mon May 12 16:34:33 MDT 2008

Sujit Roy wrote:
> I have some stag side marker reflectors lenses that came in
> two separate LUCAS boxes.  The lenses are the same, but the
> no. on each box is different. I have ONE LENS 54582801 7/71
> and ONE LENS 54582782 7/71.  Is it possible that the boxes
> got mixed up and one reflector was meant to be amber while
> the other red?
>
> While I'm at it, I have another reflector ONE LENS ASSY
> 54570803     8 69 which also looks the same.
------------------------------

A Google search on
54582782 lucas
yields the following page:
<http://www.triumphstag.net/start/technical/partslist/list_all_alt_parts.php
?order=altdesc&indexid=>

which yields a listing of:
Alternative Part Number Description 			Added By
Lucas - 54582782  	Rear Sidemarker Reflector	Dave redfern

Google didn't find anything for the two other part numbers you listed.

FWIW, the rear side marker lenses on my 73 Stag are marked as follows:

Lamp lens	Reflector lens
LUCAS		LUCAS 4.8
L829		BS 2515 * GRADE 1

SAE
P168		SAE A 68
ENGLAND	ENGLAND

The * represents the British Standards stylized BS logo

And after 31 years after the Stag ended production, it's probably safe to
assume that the lens boxes may have been mixed up...

Tim Buja - Rockford, IL - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6