[TR] OT-powdercoating question

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Mon May 12 14:57:30 MDT 2008

   Afternoon all,
   Slightly  off-topic question, I have a set of alloy wheels for a jeep.
   The  "pretty"  clearcoat  is  messed and I was thinking of getting the
   rest  taken off, clean up the slight surface corrosion, then have then
   powder-coated.
   To  the  masses  that  are  more experienced, can I do this?  Will the
   alloy hold up? There are no thin deleicate components to the rims.  Or
   would I be better off getting them cleaned up and just painting?
   Thanks
   David Templeton
   '59 tr3a
   '74 spitsix
   (Both in temporary custody of the ex :-(  ).