[TR] Suspension bushings redux

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sat May 10 03:26:45 MDT 2008

Glad to help Brian,
Don't know where you're located but again I prefer US vendors, mostly TRF but
sometimes one has to go worlwide for what one wants. For instance if I needed
the whole trunnions rather than just the shafts I would have bought from TRF
to avoid international shipping and currency exchange charges - and all
trunnions are probably made by the same manufacturer anyway. The shafts though, are
only made by Neil Revington.
I bought in 2001 when exchange rate was better. I have spoken with Neil
Revington several times - a real nice fellow - owns one, and maintains another, of
the 2 of 4 original Triumph Factory 'Works' TR4s. His website's beautiful..
www.revingtontr.com
FYI: on my TR4 will be
REUSING: 8 thrustwashers, 16 grease seal steel shims, 2 trunnions, 2 vertical
link grease seals.
REPLACING: 2 trunnion shafts, 8 rubber grease seals, 4 end-thrust washers, 4
shaft nuts (won't be castellated, but rather steel locking nuts instead, as
the new shafts are not drilled for cotters), 4 nylon inner lower bushings, 8
upper inner rubber bushings, and the 4 stainless steel tubes that go over the
frame's pivot shafts.
ps; it was somewhat difficult getting the arms off the trunnions - go slow
and be carefull if you want to save the most reuseable pieces - sometimes good
originals are better than new.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<< This is enormously helpful. Within an hour of your message arriving,
I'd just begun to study the Revington catalogue and supplement.
Your experience has confirmed for me that Revington is the place to go. >>

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new
twists on family favorites at AOL Food.<BR>
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)</HTML>