[TR] THE LEYLAND PAPERS

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Thu May 8 15:53:30 MDT 2008

I know many are interested in the history of British Leyland and the member companies that made up
the whole. In 1971, a highly respected British journalist and author by the name of Graham Turner
wrote a superb book about the immediate preceding ten years and all the whys and wherefores about
how BL came into being. His book on the subject called *The Leyland Papers* has long been out of
print and I managed to get my second copy on ebay a few weeks ago. Another copy - this is a
hardback, has come up for auction under this reference 270235430217. I really commend what Turner
wrote as I moved within "the corridors of power" in 1972/73 and I can vouch for the accuracy of what
he has written. TLP is a must have for anyone interested and there's quite a lot about Triumph as
well. Usual blah about NFI - but bid if you want the true FACTS and not the inaccurate woffle that
seems to come from other so-called experts.

Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation