[TR] Transmission Conversion

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Thu May 8 15:45:54 MDT 2008

We have several local club members with the Toyota box and all seemed quite
pleased with that decision, but for me the choice was always to stay with
the original and get a rebuilt gearbox & OD from John Esposito:

http://www.quantumechanics.com/categories.php?op=newindex&catid=7

At $2750 + $100 shipping it is more than going the other route but it isn't
always about money and it just seemed to me to be so much a part of the Brit
car experience -- like wire wheels, SU carbs and such.

I don't expect to ever have Webers, alloys or a 5-speed transmission but at
least there are reliable choices for all of us whichever solution we choose.

Geo