[TR] new keys or switch

George Richardson gprtech at frontiernet.net
Thu May 8 15:35:49 MDT 2008

If you have a steering column lock, that may be harder than you think,
and the code won't be anywhere on the lock.

If you remove the switch from inside the lock housing you may find a
paper sticker inside. If you do, you may still be able to read the code
printed on it. A TR6 ignition would have used one of these two keys:

http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=FT6R
http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=WB1

The first is single sided, the second is double sided. The code prefix
identifies the correct one, FR for the first, WR for the second. You can
buy the keys from my web site, and if you find the code, you can order
them cut,

George Richardson