[TR] [6pack] Replacing TR6 hood

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Thu May 8 09:12:07 MDT 2008

I have also tried this technique in the past, and a similar problem when the
car was finished even with a new paint. These new paint finishes with
hardeners are very hard and crack very easily. I have now resorted to finish
the panels in primer, then do your "tweaking" before you finish top coating.
If you are dealing with rubber seals trunk lid or doors, pre install, but not
permanently to check fit. It means more work, but in the long run it could
save time & headaches.
Another way to "tweaked" these panels after the finish has been applied, is to
add flex agents to these new base coat clear coat finishes. That allows a lot
more flex in the paint finishes, similar to  i.e. the new ABS and plastic
materials used for finishing off the bumpers & ect. They all have flex agents
added to the finish to prevent excessive cracking. However you must know what
you are doing, and patience here is a must if you are trying to align a
perfect panel.
Ibsen