[TR] A movie NOT for Triumph fans -

Raymond Hatfield iron_horse819 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 08:34:05 MDT 2008

--- "v6spitfireguy at cox.net" <v6spitfireguy at cox.net> wrote:

> -EDIT-I wont go into the whole movie, but suffice it to say
> there was a scene where one of the main characters was participating in
> some sort of Scottish (they were in Scotland at this point) contest to
> prove eligibility of marriage thing.  One of the events was to launch, the
> equivalent of a telephone pole by cradling it in your hands, (yeah, I know
> I didn't write the script) as far as one could. -EDIT-

I won't comment on the rest, but I will say that this is an actual contest in
Scotland, known as 'tossing the caber'

And my reaction (and especially my wife's, since she owns a Stag) would have
been exactly the same!

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"