[TR] A movie NOT for Triumph fans -

v6spitfireguy at cox.net v6spitfireguy at cox.net
Mon May 5 07:01:27 MDT 2008

(Disclaimer, the following story may contain objectionable descriptions and
or material , that may not be suitable for some readers.  Viewer discretion
is strongly advised! :-})

Listers -
My wife and I went to our usual Saturday afternoon movie, and as it was her
turn to pick what we would see, she decided upon the movie Made of Honor.
Now I knew it would probably this selection (I of course would have picked
Iron Man).  At any rate I was fully prepared for a light fluff of a
romantic comedy.  It was progressing pretty much as expected, until almost
at the end, and I wont go into the whole movie, but suffice it to say
there was a scene where one of the main characters was participating in
some sort of Scottish (they were in Scotland at this point) contest to
prove eligibility of marriage thing.  One of the events was to launch, the
equivalent of a telephone pole by cradling it in your hands, (yeah, I know
I didnt write the script) as far as one could.  Needless to say, he was
having a bit of trouble controlling his projectile, and finally, launched
it uponA TRIUMPH STAG, parked on the sidelines!  Not thinking, but
reacting out of pure shock, I blurted out, probably a little too loudly,
Hey...THEY JUST TRASHED A STAG!  Then of course, I felt a little
embarrassed, since surely nobody in the audience even knew what a Triumph
Stag was.
Now I have to admit, I am still a little upset at the choice of automobile
used to destroy.  It had no connection to the movie, the plot, characters,
or even country of origin.  Any vehicle could have been used to convey this
sort of humor but why take a relatively rare and somewhat valuable,
basically irreplaceable vehicle, and destroy it.

Needless to say, it colored my feelings of the movie and I couldn't really
concentrate on the rest of the film.  It basically ruined an otherwise O.K.
movie, and I walked away mildly disgusted with the whole thing.

Now this may seem a little harsh - but I just can't get over destroying a
really nice Triumph, for basically nothing -

I give it a hearty two thumbs down!!!

Some things I just dont understandand probably never will

Barry Schwartz
San Diego, CA