[TR] Cloth car cover

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu May 1 05:15:35 MDT 2008

Brad,
One thing to look for is a cover that is not "waterproof", but water
resistant.  The reason being that a waterproof cover does not breathe and  will
create more problems than it solves.  I store my cars indoors but use  a Covercraft
"Noah" model when necessary.  They do breathe and prevent  condensation
(better than most) from forming.  Covercraft does not make the  fabric, rather they
just stitch it and the fabric is called "Block It". It  will run you about
$160.
I would think, and do not have direct experience with it, that you may be
better off workihng this out so that the cover does not rest on the car, rather
air is allowed to circulate around it.  What first comes to mind is a
technique for building a spray booth out of PVC pipe and PVC fittings and  covering
with sheet plastic securing with duct tape.  That way you can be  waterproof,
have air circulation, and see what is going on under there without  removing
the cover.  I would think you can get this done for less than  $160.
Good luck

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO