[TR] TR3A replacement "laygear" (Countershaft)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 27 14:12:46 MST 2008

>  I took it to mean he as refering to
> 848-365 which Moss lists as unavailable.

That's what I would call the input shaft ... if it was missing a tooth,
you'd get noise in 2nd & 3rd as well as 1st & Rev.

Might be possible to swap in a later version of it, with some other
modifications to suit (possibly a custom bushing instead of the needle
bearing).  But I'd have to check them side-by-side to be certain.  Perhaps
someone else will know.

Mike's suggestion of Herman's Toyota conversion isn't bad either ... selling
your damaged box would likely cover most of the cost of Herman's kit.  Of
course you'd be giving up a 7-speed semi-automatic for a 5-speed manual, but
you wouldn't have to worry about breaking teeth either.

Randall