[TR] Teflon tape.

John Young jeyoung_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 06:49:17 MST 2008

I have been told by those who should know to only use
Teflon tape on pipe threads and then be very careful
to leave several threads on the small end unwrapped to
prevent pieces from entering the pipe.
  My experience has taught me to not use Teflon tape
in any place where a small piece would cause a
failure, such as hydraulic systems or steam systems. A
very small piece in a check valve will cause the valve
to leak. If you do use it, NEVER take the joint apart
without cleaning ALL tape off of it. Use new tape when
reassembling.

John Young

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_