[TR] Repro Comm Plates

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Thu Mar 20 19:47:56 MST 2008

The commission plate on my TR3 is pretty shabby, I notice that the big 3
sell replacements for a reasonable cost.  Are these as good a quality as the
original?  Can I indeed take the plate to a jeweler and have it engraved to
looked like the stamped numbers on the existing plate.  I am afraid that a
jeweler would do a perfectly aligned job that would not be consistent with
what most TRs left the factory with.

Is there anyone on the list that provides plates with number stamped on them
in the fashion of the original?

Thanks,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L