[TR] TR3 compression test

Jeremiah Curry jercurry at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 19:54:13 MST 2008

Thanks for everyone who responded to my e-mail below.  I ended up buying a
new gear reduction starter and when testing with the starter, the
compresssion rate definitely went up.  Now I am worried it may be too high.
Here are the results front to back:
140 psi
130 psi
155 psi
145 psi

I think since the head was shaved by the previous owner and then I had it
rebuilt, I have a much smaller compression chamber.  Is this too much over
the expected 120 psi that I should be worried?  Or is the 25 psi differnce
worrisome?

Thanks,
Jeremiah