[TR] help with fit of small mouth apron tr2-3

FGFO1 at aol.com FGFO1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 20:04:17 MST 2008

hello
IM having a problem with the fit of my small mouth apron.
It seams to be rotated about the center of the car!
If you look at this picture you will see the driver side of the apron is
higher than the end of the fender. Whereas the passenger side is lower than the
end of the fender.
see picture at
_http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj57/fgfo1/front%20apron/?albumview=slides
how_
(http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj57/fgfo1/front%20apron/?albumview=slideshow)

Is the apron supposed to be longer/shorter than the fenders?
As the bonnet fits good on the passenger side and is way too tight on the
driver side, IM assuming the passenger side is correct?
with the car on jack stands i measured from a fixed suspension point on both
sides to be sure the car was parallel to the ground. it was. i then checked
the dimension from the bottom of the fenders to the ground. they are both the
same within less than 1/8"

The apron does not have the same dimensions from the ground when comparing
sides. So IM very sure its the apron thetas on wrong.

The apron is solidly bolted to the tie member and that in turn slots solidly
into its housing on the inner fender. I don't see any obvious trouble there.

any ideas on how to fix it?

One last thing. My car should be a 3A widemouth, but IM converting to a small
mouth. I don't have a good wide mouth to try on as a comparison! bummer.

thanks
Frank Fisher
TS 41366 L